Monday, September 6, 2010

EVGA GeForce 9500GT 512mb (R.I.P)

Ready your ESD straps, because today I will be discussing the GeForce 9500GT 512Mb video card from EVGA.



Now you might be thinking, "Why would he be reviewing a 3 year old piece of hardware?". Well that's a good question. But I'd like to point out that this card served me well for the past few years (May it rest in peace) playing some of the most common games on pretty high detail levels like "Call Of Duty:World At War" and "World Of Warcraft" without any hiccups.
Sure you won't be pulling triple monitor display at 1900x1600 16xAA on ARMA2. Despite its performance for today's standards, the price and low power supply requirements make this is a great card for the casual user.

I received this for my birthday when it was new, and it opened up a whole new world in computers and modding because of the new games I was now able to play. If you have any young teens who are into games, I would suggest a budget card like this to plant the seed of a future computer enthusiast. The low price, coupled with the high relevancy of PCIx16 2.0 slots in name brand computers from companies like ACER and HP make this a very compatible piece of hardware. This card is a great buy for someone who is new to computer hardware and PC gaming, but wants just that little extra performance.


Newegg page
Tutorial for installing a video card
Some benchmarks

22 comments:

  1. I ran this card in a friends machine. He has been very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah broski, time to step onto the ATI side ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to, gotta build a new rig.

    The computer I'm on is a shitty ACER from best buy, by the time I have the money... a 5970 will be like $100 lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in Piece video card. May your next card serve you as good as the last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. need to replace my graphics game tbh

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet card at its day. But yeah all hardware is obsolete sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to poop

    check it http://kadams133.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. get some better graphics card reviews up :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just learned something new today... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see that you are beating inertia today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the insightful comments on my blog... best of luck on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So what happened to it? Caught on fire? Died quietly?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Died quietly, along with the PCIx16 slot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. EVGA rullez man. How exactly and why did it die?

    ReplyDelete